Windshield Repair | Auto Repair Shops Lewisville, TX
Windshield damage is frustrating and should be repaired as soon as possible. The good news for some lucky car owners is that a fast windshield repair may be all you need. Call today to schedule repair in Fifth Gear’s auto repair shops in Lewisville, TX.
You know a repair is possible when:
- The damage will fit under a dollar bill
- You have no greater than three chips
- The damage is not located on the edge of the windshield
- The damage is not in the drivers line of sight
You Shouldn’t Delay Windshield Repair
- Windshield chip repairs are reasonably priced. Depending on your insurance coverage, a windshield repair or its replacement may be of no cost to you. Contact us today to receive a quote from Fifth Gear’s auto repair shops in Lewisville, TX.
- Small windshield chips and cracks can turn into large cracks. Windshield damage can grow and require the full replacement of the windshield, which may to be of higher cost depending upon your insurance coverage.
- Windshield damage may result in a citation. This is especially true if it is in your line of sight. The cost of a citation is likely to exceed the cost of repair, and may be as much as replacement.
The Hazards of a Cracked or Chipped Windshield
Impaired Field of View
An impaired view is a hazard drivers will recognize. Cracks and chips create a distraction to the driver, and when large enough create a blind spot for the driver.
In a number of models a deployed airbag will strike the windshield, especially in a passenger-side airbag. A cracked windshield may not be strong enough to withstand the sudden impact of the airbag inside the vehicle. In affected vehicles, when a windshield fails the airbag may not deploy properly, and can result in unnecessary injuries.
Weakens Structural Integrity
The cracked windshield can compromise the structural integrity of the vehicle. Windshields are designed to reinforce the stability of the car’s roof, and play an important role in supporting it. When an automobile is involved in a crash and rolls onto its roof, a cracked windshield is more likely to cause the weight of the car to collapse on the seating area, injuring the people in those seats. The patent windshield glass helps to reinforce the roof, providing an extra measure of support during a roll over. Don’t take unnecessary risks, contact Fifth Gear’s auto repair shops in Lewisville, TX today.
While seat belts are a vehicles primary restraining device, a patent windshield provides some measure as a barrier to keep the driver or passenger’s body from being ejected from the car. The survival rate of a victim ejected from a vehicle during a crash is significantly reduced.
A windshield is designed to help redistribute the energy behind a front end collision. When a front end accident occurs, a damaged windshield increases the risk of injury to passengers in the vehicle.
In addition, a damaged windshield is more likely to shatter under the pressure of an accident increasing the risk to those inside, allowing the impact of the collision to move horizontally through the car, and significantly increasing the danger to passengers.
The mechanics of Fifth Gear’s auto repair shops in Lewisville, TX are ACE certified automotive technicians who strive to exceed your expectations by providing the best quality automotive services available.
At Fifth Gear’s auto repair shops in Lewisville, TX our goal is to keep your vehicle well maintained and in a safe condition. We strive to exceed your expectations with a wide range of quality automotive services professionally rendered. Give us a call today to schedule windshield repair or other vehicle maintenance, service or repair.