Direct injection engines have changed the automobile industry over the last decade allowing for better combustion and cooler engine temperatures while improving horsepower without sacrificing, or improving, fuel economy. These improved results came with a cost, greater carbon build up on injector tips and intake valves. That cost can be managed by strict adherence to a scheduled maintenance program and understanding what to look for. Warning signs of carbon build up can include:
- Engine Vibration or not running smoothly
- Jerking or surging at stops
- Check Engine Light
Here are few things you can do to minimize, or eliminate the possibilities of carbon build and possibly avoid a more costly repair later:
- Oil Changes done regularly with a full synthetic will keep those intake valves performing at their best.
- Spark Plug Replacement at the recommended mileage because old plugs reduce effectiveness and efficiency of the combustion process.
- Use Top Tier Gasoline as not all fuel is the same and the higher grades are best for Direct Injection Engines, and stay away from fuels with ethanol additives.
- Regular Direct Injection Cleaning dissolves hardened fuel deposits on the injector tips and intake valves depending on your make it could be every year or 16,000 miles up to every three years or 30,000 miles. Check maintenance manual for your specific make.
SPECIAL OFFER–For a limited time mention you heard about Fifth Gear Automotive’s Direct Injection online and save 10% of the regular price of $209, a $21 savings! And if you don’t have a Direct Injection Engine, no problem, we have you covered with the same 10% savings off our Fuel Induction Service a savings of $19 off the regular price of $189.00.
Fifth Gear Automotive in Lewisville, TX performs a thorough inspection of your fuel and ignition systems with each visit and/or oil change to insure your vehicle is performing at its best. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, or its time based on your maintenance schedule for your Direct Injection Cleaning call to schedule service with Fifth Gear Automotive for a comprehensive inspection by one of our ASE certified mechanics.
Fifth Gear Automotive is a family owed independent automotive repair shop with over 100 years of experience with all domestic and import makes and models, specializing in European auto repair and over 14 years serving Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, Lantana, Double Oak, and the surrounding communities. We have one goal; Complete Customer Satisfaction on all your auto repairs.