If you’re considering buying a Fiat, you may be wondering whether it’s worth it to purchase an extended warranty. An extended warranty is essentially an insurance policy that covers repairs and replacements for your vehicle beyond the manufacturer’s warranty period. While it may seem like an additional expense, an extended warranty can provide peace of mind and potentially save you money in the long run. Below are a few reasons why it’s worth considering an extended warranty for your Fiat:
Fiat Repairs Can Be Expensive
Like all cars, Fiats can develop issues over time. And when they do, repairs can be costly. If you don’t have an extended warranty, you’ll be responsible for paying for these repairs out of pocket. Depending on the issue, this could end up being a significant expense.
An extended warranty can help mitigate this cost. Most extended warranties cover repairs and replacements for major components like the engine, transmission, and electrical system. If any of these components fail, your warranty will cover the cost of repairs or replacement.
Peace of Mind
Car trouble is always stressful, but it can be especially so if you don’t have a warranty. With an extended warranty, you can rest easy knowing that if something goes wrong with your car, you won’t be on the hook for expensive repairs. This peace of mind is especially important if you rely on your car for work or transportation.
The standard manufacturer’s warranty for a new Fiat is typically 3 years or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first. An extended warranty can provide coverage beyond this period. Depending on the provider, you may be able to purchase coverage for up to 10 years or 100,000 miles. This longer coverage can give you additional protection and help you avoid unexpected expenses down the line.
If you sell your Fiat before your extended warranty expires, the coverage can be transferred to the new owner. This can make your car more attractive to potential buyers, as they’ll know that they’ll be covered in case of any major issues.
With an extended warranty, you won’t have to worry about finding a reputable mechanic or paying for repairs out of pocket. Most warranties come with a network of approved repair facilities, so you can easily find a place to have your car serviced. And since the warranty covers the cost of repairs, you won’t have to worry about any unexpected bills.
Keeping Your Fiat in Good Condition to Avoid Breakdowns
To ensure that your Fiat continues to run smoothly and lasts for years to come, it’s important to follow a regular maintenance schedule. Here are some tips for maintaining your Fiat car:
- Keep up with regular oil changes: Regular oil changes are crucial for keeping your engine lubricated and running smoothly. Consult your owner’s manual to determine how often your car needs an oil change.
- Check tire pressure: Properly inflated tires can help improve fuel efficiency and prolong the life of your tires. Check your tire pressure regularly and make sure they are properly inflated.
- Replace air filters: Dirty air filters can reduce engine performance and fuel efficiency. Replace your air filter every 12,000 to 15,000 miles, or more often if you frequently drive on dusty roads.
- Check brakes: Your brakes are a crucial component of your car’s safety. Have your brakes inspected regularly and replace the brake pads and rotors as needed.
- Maintain fluids: Your car’s fluids, such as coolant, transmission fluid, and brake fluid, are important for keeping your car running smoothly. Check these fluids regularly and top them off as needed.
- Schedule regular inspections: Regular inspections by a certified mechanic can help identify potential issues before they become major problems. Schedule inspections every 6 months or every 10,000 miles.
Fifth Gear Automotive
While an extended warranty is an additional expense, it can provide valuable protection and peace of mind for Fiat owners. With coverage for major components, longer protection periods, and the convenience of having repairs covered, an extended warranty is definitely worth considering if you want to protect your investment and avoid unexpected expenses. If you have any questions about your Fiat or its warranty, give us a call or visit us from nearby Lewisville, Argyle, and Mckinney, TX!
* Fiat Car Logo image credit goes to: vesilvio.