If you are like most drivers you can’t remember when you bought the current battery in your vehicle, but you will wide awake that morning when it fails to do its job getting you to work or school. There are many factors that can contribute to the demise of your battery but you driving habits and habitat play important roles. If you are taking many short trips(less than 15 minutes) your battery doesn’t have time to recharge and its life expectancy can be shortened. Extreme temperature environments like Texas Summers or Minnesota Winters can also be hard on batteries. Here are a couple items to keep an eye out for:
- Slow Engine Crank-when starting the vehicle the engine cranks slowly or takes longer to start.
- Swollen or Bloated Battery Case can be a good warning sign that your battery is bad.
- Low Battery Fluid Levels easy enough if you a battery that can have the fluids checked and have the tools to do so.
- Check Engine or Battery Light if either of these lights is on it is a good idea to have someone check your battery as part of a basic diagnostic evaluation.
- Battery Leaking is another good sign that your battery is bad.
- Age of the Battery is your battery beyond its warranty period, normally three years, then it is a good idea to have it checked.
Fifth Gear Automotive in Lewisville, TX performs a thorough inspection of your battery and ignition systems with each visit and/or oil change to insure your vehicle is performing at its best. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms call to schedule service with Fifth Gear Automotive for a comprehensive inspection by one of our ASE certified mechanics.
Fifth Gear Automotive is a family owed independent automotive repair shop with over 100 years of experience with all domestic and import makes and models, specializing in European auto repair and over 14 years serving Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, Lantana, Double Oak, and the surrounding communities. We have one goal; Complete Customer Satisfaction on all your auto repairs.