Most drivers can agree that their brakes are an important, if not critical, part of their automobile. After oil and filter changes it can be the most frequently repaired component in a sound auto repair maintenance program. Brake systems are complex, how can you tell if you need brakes before it’s too late and something goes wrong. Here are a couple items to keep an eye and ear out for:
- Brake Fade-basically meaning it is taking more time and distance to bring the car to a stop.
- Clicking Noise when you apply the brakes created by brake pad holding devices coming loose.
- Scrapping, Buzzing or Squealing created by wear indicators that some brake pad have.
- Brake Pedal Vibration or Shaking sometimes caused by glazing on the disc surface.
- Vehicle Pulls to one side or the other when applying the brakes possibly due to uneven wear on brake pads.
Fifth Gear Automotive in Lewisville, TX performs a thorough inspection of the brake system with each visit and/or oil change to insure your vehicle is performing at its best. To ignore the symptoms could result in costly repairs later and could mean the difference between life and death on the road. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms call to schedule service with Fifth Gear Automotive for a comprehensive inspection by one of our ASE certified mechanics.
Fifth Gear Automotive is a family owed independent automotive repair shop with over 100 years of experience with all domestic and import makes and models, specializing in European auto repair and over 13 years serving Lewisville, Highland Village, Flower Mound, Lantana, Double Oak, and the surrounding communities. We have one goal; Complete Customer Satisfaction on all your auto repairs.